Friday, January 28, 2011

Frozen Forge....



The Squat work crews have finally restored power to the M3 (or "M-cubed", if you will) Forge and its environs, and even the mighty Fidelis Jago is out for a walk in the frozen wastes today. The problem, of course, wasn't the minimal amounts of snow at all, (the site-clearing servitors pushed it aside in ten minutes) but all the weak-ass pine trees that chose the night of the storm to fall on our power lines. As a result, the forge's Skitarii are attacking every pine tree on the property with their chainsaws, grenade launchers,  and other implements of destruction. Our chimneys billow with the smoke of the hated pine. Enviro-nazis will note that the hard wood trees have been spared. For now. 


As the production lines have once again thundered to life, here's a list of things to come:


• Commissions: A Land Raider (and finally, a side-by-side comparison with mine) some bikes, and another Landspeeder for the Angels of Flame. 


• A Knight Warden Titan for a contest on the Adeptus Mechanicus Forums


• A Motoko Kusanagi miniature from Statuesque Miniatures that's actually in scale with my Tau Fuchikomas. Maybe it's time for a Ghost in the Shell-based Tau  Section 9 Killzone team? Ooooh imagine the Fuchis scurrying around on B. Smoov's sexy Adepticon tables. 


• My second Tyracron Hive Tyrant, based on the mechanized Berserker. On a side note, Final Fantasy 13 had no Ultima Weapon per se. Does Berserker count? If so, would calling him "General Ultima" (or Altima, or Omega, or something like that) be unforgivably gay? 


• A sexy mecha girl scratchbuild. Maybe it's time to spin off a mecha modelling blog? Isn't this sort of already a mecha modelling blog? 


• I am also looking into a way to mass-produce airship hulls and oddments on a limited basis. If anyone out there has any advice on resin casting, please do send me an email/longass comment. 


Yes, I chose the name Fidelis Jago for my Warhound. All of the other dog- and raptor-associated names I came up with were forehead-slappingly stupid. 


LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I am rapidly closing in on my 100th post (since the January rebirth), and my followers have rocketed slightly past 200. Therefore, there will be a contest of some kind. Stay tuned. 


Happy Friday, People. 

5 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Very cool - I'm looking forward to seeing the Knight Warden. I'd like to do one for my own Knight Household but I'm somewhat at a loss as to where to begin. While I have two of the old-style epic versions, I fear my large-scale modeling capabilities aren't up to the task. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Mark said...

I thought about making a Knight Paladin but everyone seems to have done one of those. The Warden model I have is this squat thing with a missile batter mounted up top and its head below its knees, and is just so odd looking I had to give it a go.

I'd love to try to make a SH tank like that Anathema of yours but I'd have to find something to make wheels like that first. That thing is badass!

BLACKHAND said...

Feel free to email me any questions on casting, I'm no master but I have done a reasonable amount and have put up a few tutorials on Dakka

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/307451.page

my email is roughpeace@hotmail.com

Von said...

General Ultima is no sillier than your General Grievous Tyrant. I say go for it!

Also, sexy mecha girls = win. I await with eagerness.

Mark said...

@ Blackhand: Thanks very much for the offer! Your Dakka tutorial makes a nice jumping-off point for my initial experiments. I'll definitely bug you for advice down the road.

@Von: Cheers! I'll be cobbling her together from old gundam kits using a Busou Shinki blank body as a base, so hopefully everything will work out.